Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Healthy Attitude

#1 and I really try to foster healthy attitudes in our children. About things like words (we don't say "stupid"), people (we don't talk about "fat"--all people are different), etc.

I was home alone yesterday, #1 having taken Sawed Off and H-Bomb to town with him so I could rest and nurse this killer cold I've had for five and a half days now. I was looking for something to watch, and finally settled on this weird British flick called Confetti. The plot outline, as listed on IMDB.com: A mockumentary that follows three couples as they battle it out to win the coveted title of 'Most Original Wedding of the Year'.

Silly, I know. But there was nothing else on. I didn't think anything of it, and then #1 and the boys came home. The television was left on, and I went into the kitchen for something. Suddenly, H-Bomb says, rather loudly, "Mommy? Why is that guy Outside Naked?"

It seems that one of the three "finalist" couples in the search for Most Original are "naturalists." That's right, in the States we call them "nudists." (#1, not knowing about the movie, freaked out just a tad, "what guy outside?" thinking there was an Actual Naked Guy Outside our house.)

"I guess he forgot to get dressed!" I answer.

"Mommy, he doesn't even have any UNDERPANTS on!" H-Bomb reports.

"Well, that's just crazy," I say. "We better turn that movie off!"

"Mommy, that's silly to have no underpants on outside!"

"Yes it is, H-Bomb."

Oops. At least he wasn't traumatized. He just thinks that guy is silly for forgetting his underpants. Whew.

No comments: