Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Addition Progress! (It's been a long time)

I haven't been out taking pictures in a while because we've been having some freezing dreary weather. So you haven't been able to see all the progress that has been made on our addition! Well, here we go!

All of the windows on the new addition side are in, and they just put our French doors in yesterday. I have to say I am disappointed that the trim on the doors is so wide, but I'm not going to hassle our contractor about it; he has enough to worry about dealing with ABEG. I am very happy with all of the windows, and the bat and board siding is looking good too. The whole process is going a bit slower right now than I'd like, but what are you gonna do?



On the agenda for today is replacing this window:


It's in the master bedroom (which will be the boys room when the addition is complete). The size will increase by about a foot in width (in the picture above, the foot will be added to the left side) and "two logs down" in height. I am very excited to have this done. Here is an interior view; on the inside, it will be wider to the right. It will definitely help to have bigger South-facing windows, that bedroom gets cold if we close the door.


Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be able to show you our new windows! (otherwise it will be a VERY cold night in our room!)

No comments: