Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Day...Off?

Not exactly. Number One and I were getting the boys ready to go to town; H-Bomb has preschool today. As I was brushing my teeth, two seconds before we were to leave, a thought occurred to me: Number One is going, why do I have to go to town too? Do I?

I looked through my stack of "town errands." The only thing that needed to be done was a phone call to a company that keeps sending me "urgent invoices" requesting payment for a book I returned months ago. They are on the 7th notice. However, I found a website. I sent them an email. Takes care of making that phone call.

I decided to stay here. Number One took H-Bomb and Sawed Off with him. It's not that I will get a day off, which would be ideal. It's that there is so much to do and catch up on around here. I've been sick for over a week now with a terrible cold, hacking cough, the works. As luck would have it, the cough is worse at night, so I can't sleep. I am exhausted.

But, there is an endless list of things that need to be done around here, which are infinitely harder to accomplish when there are two young boys running around needing things: the dishes, the dishwasher, the kitchen counter, the laundry, the floor desperately needs mopping, and it would be easy to go on. But if I did go on, then I wouldn't get anything done, would I.

I need to get some things accomplished so that Number One can come home and notice what I've done. I have about four hours before he will return. (Two hours for driving time, two hours for school. If they eat lunch in town, that gives me another hour.) Then, I will try to relax, maybe even take a nap...or at least read or something. Plenty of time.

Then I might have enough energy to organize our entire CD collection in these nice new cases we got on sale...before it drives me crazy.
P.S. Anyone have any use for about 600 used CD jewel cases??

No comments: