Marlboro has been at the ranch for several days, doing a photo shoot and filming. They've been doing a lot of filming in and around the tack shed, which makes our yard the perfect place to sit and watch. Not that there's much to see, just a lot of people, trucks, paraphernalia that goes along with filming: lights, cameras, directors chairs (I kid you not). It's quite a show.
Yesterday, they flew in one of the original Marlboro men from the 1970's, whom both Number One and CG know personally from over 20 years of Marlboro shoots at the ranch: Darrell Winfield.
You may recognize him, he was one of the main Marlboro men in the print ads during the 1970's. Of course that's not what he looks like now, he's about 80 years old. I really wanted to get a picture of him with H-Bomb and Sawed Off, but 1) they were wearing underpants and a diaper (and nothing else) so I didn't think those were quite appropriate outfits in which to meet a cultural icon; and 2) they flew Darrell in and out all in one day, and while he was here they just kept him sitting inside the HOT tack shed, trying to interview him. Anyway, he is a real cowboy too, not just a poster boy.
Number One got hired on today and tomorrow, he had to go find some steers because they want to shoot a branding scene. Number One rode out tonight, and found several steers, including one that's unbranded. Tomorrow, he will load them in the trailer and take them wherever Marlboro wants him to. For a price, of course.
So besides all the hullabaloo and activity to keep us entertained, they bring a virtual little city of trucks: semi trucks full of gear, motor homes in which the big wigs have meetings or whatever it is bigwigs do, etc.
But the absolute BEST part of a Marlboro shoot coming to the ranch? The Catering Trucks. There are turquoise blue colored catering trucks from Los Angeles parked out in the field--I can see them from my kitchen window. From my currently unused kitchen. That's right--They FEED us!! (for free!) It is awesome, and the food is fantastic, more than you could ever eat. Last night, we got to choose between steak, salmon and chicken, with all kinds of sides: steamed vegetables, pasta, potatoes, marinated mushrooms, Caesar salad, etc., etc., etc. And desserts too: cookies and pies and cakes and fruit and chocolate covered strawberries!
This morning, of course the boys couldn't WAIT to go eat in the tent! They had cereals of their choice, juice, bananas and a donut. Number One and I ordered Huevos Rancheros from the truck window, followed by coffee and juice and fruit. Excellent.
Tonight, the choice was ribs, tuna steaks or chicken, numerous sides including a yummy coconut pineapple rice, vegetables, salads. Sawed Off fell asleep on my lap, so I forgot to get a salad, but the tuna steak was great!
And all day long, in between the huge meals, there is a snack tent. You can go there anytime at all and get anything you want: cookies, granola, dried fruit, water, cola, Gatorade, M&M's (peanut or plain). Tonight, after dinner, H-Bomb and I went out there and he got a popsicle! I ran out there later and grabbed a homemade chocolate chip cookie and a couple cold Gatorades.
We are definitely getting spoiled. I don't want them to ever, ever, ever leave. And I hope they are still here in the morning, because I can't wait for breakfast again.
1 comment:
That is just so way cool. I am jealous of the food. And if you smoked, I bet you'd get free ciggies too!
Post a Comment