Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On a Happier Note...


These are some flowers I stopped to pick in the mountains on the way home from town the other day. Wild blue irises, some little bluebells and some yellow flowers with which I'm not familiar. It was nice to get out in the woods for a little walk, and a deer even hopped out of my path!

When I got home I put them in a mixture from one of my books, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar to 1 quart room temperature water. It perked them right up! And they've been beautifying my kitchen counter for days now.

Post Script: The vinegar also served another purpose. While it was in there, feeding the flowers, it was also cleaning the hard water mineral deposits from the inside of my vase. The thing looks new, and I didn't even have to scrub it!

No comments: