It all began with news of a radio crew for a public radio station coming to the ranch today. I was going to town, so I had to pick up lunch for everyone. I thought, interview, schminterview, we wouldn't be involved. But the radio crew was also bringing a film crew, and they were going to film the branding. We're going to watch the branding! We would be involved! So the next logical question: what to wear??
For a brief moment, I thought Levi's. Boots. Hat? Almost immediately, I decided no. I am not going to be working. I am not a poser. I wear sparkly sandals every day around here (as you may recall). Sparkly sandals with Levi's? No. Capris, obviously, because it is going to be damn hot out there in the corral. But not my usual capris, because we're going to a different corral today, not close to the house. Something more...utilitarian...but compatible with sparkly sandals, of course. (isn't everything compatible with sparkly sandals? Yes.) I decided on my Marc Jacobs khaki capris. You remember, the ones I got for about a dollar in Santa Barbara at the killer consignment store sale? Fashionable without looking fancy or silly.
This is me, for reals, not pretending to be a "cowgirl" because I'm not working today. Sure, I could have "dressed the part" and pulled out my Levi's and boots and my hat, which I'm sure would need stretching yet again because the darn thing doesn't get enough use. But the boys and I are simply going to watch the branding, which we would probably do anyway, regardless of the presence of a film crew. It's going to be a million degrees out there, with no shade to speak of in the corral, so the boys will be wearing long sleeved cowboy shirts for sun protection, but not me. Anyway, I'm not in the mood to play dress up, and pretend. If I were going out on my horse, of course I would wear the outfit mentioned above and not think twice about it. But I'm not.
It will be more interesting with a film crew there, to see how it all goes down, and maybe, just maybe, the boys and I will get a second or two of airtime.
So I will be wearing makeup. Just in case.
And you will get a full report, later tonight. I am going to charge up my camera and put on my makeup before the film crew gets here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment