The Pantry
Just off the new dining room, the pantry door goes through our old exterior wall and into the former garage. I couldn't find the tape measure just now, so I'll have to add the measurements at a later date. I'm tempted to say it's about 7' x 13'. Off the top of my head, I could be wrong. (What? That's right, you heard me. But I'll deny it).
The door to the pantry is one from the original bunkhouses. I still need to put the old #6 back on it. We made our new doors pocket doors. I really don't know why everyone doesn't install pocket doors, we love them.
Through the door to the right is where we will put our extra freezer and extra refrigerator, side by side. Living 35 miles from town, you need to stock up. A cowgirl's gotta have a decent pantry. We used to have our extra fridge and freezer in the garage.
Through the door to the left is where we installed some of our old kitchen cabinets and part of the old bar, for storage and also to have a work surface. (Incidentally, this is exactly the size our bar, and thus our kitchen, used to be: the length of those cabinets. Can you believe it??) Anyway, this is where the microwave will live, where we can run a dehydrator or meat slicer, or whatever appliance we'd like to use, but without cluttering up the main kitchen counter top. Sort of like a butler's pantry, I guess, but without a sink or anything.
We'll probably store extra appliances, like mixers, ice cream makers, etc. here in the pantry, even if we end up using them in the big kitchen. The pantry cabinets will probably also house some of our serving dishes, table linens, and miscellaneous other things. There is also room above the counter top for a couple shelves that will run the length of the counter.
Starting at the end of the cabinets, we will have floor-to-ceiling shelving that will wrap around the wall across from the cabinets, and go as far as it can while still allowing us room to get into the fridge and freezer.
I'm so excited to have a nice, bright, walk-in space to store all of our food and extra appliances. Maybe someday before we move, I'll take a picture of our current Bunkhouse living situation. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin' a family of four can't live in a total of 3 rooms forever.
1 comment:
very cool, thanks for the details.
Post a Comment