For now, here are our new corbels, supporting our lovely Silestone counter top. We backed the cabinets with birch beaded board, which complements everything beautifully.
Here are the pendants above the kitchen island. Aren't they lovely? So fun. We still need the butcher block top for the island, in which we'll install our bar sink.
Here's a view of our kitchen from the living room (pre-existing area) of the house.
And here's the kitchen, as seen from the new dining room. The pot lights have not yet been installed, so that is another thing on the electrician's list.
And another shot of the kitchen, I think I snapped that picture from the door that used to lead from the kitchen to the garage, for those of you who were familiar with our old house.
This is our sunny yellow pantry. I installed the old cabinets all by myself, and then Number One trimmed down the old counter top from the bar and we both installed that. I am proud to say that it is quite sturdy and level! We'll put that extra beaded board on the end to tie in with the rest of the house.
This gorgeous pantry floor has the appearance of natural slate, you'd probably never guess it's vinyl!
Here is the gorgeous ceiling fan in the master bedroom. We had the electricians take it back down today because there is a crack in the top globe. We will have to take it all the way back to Home Depot at some point in the near future for an exchange.
3 comments:
Everything looks beautiful! We are so excited to see it!
Can lights!-not pot lights! :)
looks really nice. tell me, is the pantry an open space or in a closet area? are more shelves going in there opposite the cabinet for food? are those outlets I see above the countertop in the pantry?-if so, great idea-if I ever re-do a pantry, I plan on putting a whole counter in there with outlets for blenders, toasters, mixers, can openers, etc, so its out of the kitchen counters but still accessible but hidden.fun fun fun
I think they call 'em pot lights in Canada...trying to think of that designer chick's name...Candace Olsen? On HGTV at any rate. My contractor calls them can lights, I call them pot lights. You knew what I was talking about!
the pantry is like a big closet, deep enough to hold our extra freezer and extra fridge side by side on one end, and yes there will be shelving opposite the cabinets and on the end wall. That is exactly what we'll be doing on that counter in there, microwave too! (I should do a pantry post soon)
Post a Comment