Anyway, (I've included links to recipes that are posted online--just click on the recipe title) so far we have made:

(our families' personal favorites, these are chock-full of freshly grated ginger and hand-chopped chocolate, and are hard to keep around for very long. This is a recipe of Martha's that I've had for several years.)
Butter Cookies
(a classic recipe from my mom, H-Bomb enjoyed using the cookie press to make these. We like to make them blue.)
(a new recipe we tried this year, each cookie has a cherry embedded in the center, covered with a chocolate "frosting" that makes them delicious. The link lists them as "Jessica's" cookies, but curiously the recipe is exactly the same as the one in my Better Homes and Gardens Celebrate the Season 1999 cookbook...hmmmm.)
Anise Candy Crystals
(another new recipe, also from BH&G Celebrate the Season, a hard, pink--not enough food coloring!--anise-flavored candy that is quite good. I also got to beat it apart into "crystals" so that was fun)
Honey Walnut Caramels
(Another new recipe, I just finished making these, so there is no picture yet. They are from a cookbook called Who Wants Candy? They are cooling in the pan, after which they will be sliced and individually wrapped. Maybe then I'll post a picture!)
Chocolate Coconut Drops

(yet another new recipe, also from the cookbook Who Wants Candy?, these little gems taste like Almond Joys, but with walnuts! Scrumptious!)
(this isn't the fudge--it hasn't been made yet. But I will be making the classic fudge with Carnation brand evaporated milk's recipe. It should look something like this. I might update this picture later as well. I plan on making the fudge as soon as I finish this fun blog!)*There are other goodies on the list to be made, so check back in a day or two and see what else we've been working on! Tomorrow is our Gingerbread House!
No comments:
Post a Comment