(I'm not kidding, refer to section 14. CERTIFICATION REGARDING MATERIAL SUPPORT AND RESOURCES TO TERRORISTS. Well, you can't refer to it because I'm fairly certain the contract is not meant for public eyes)
...Phase I work on our house could begin. But trust me when I say, Contractor had to agree to this provision. This is an insane world in which we live, people. Even in this small town, where most likely the contractor has lived and worked for his entire life, and indeed has completed projects for ABEG in the past, he had to swear on a stack of Books of Mormon, probably, that he is not and does not support the crazies. While I also share concern about terrorists, I find this oddly amusing.
Regardless, work has begun. There is a huge gaping hole behind our house, ready for concrete footings and foundation to be poured sometime next week. It is exciting. They encountered a couple mystery pipelines while digging, but nothing important was broken in the excavation process.
Phase I entails basically the foundation and exterior of our addition, with windows, doors and a new roof on the entire house. (the interior will be Phase II) Sixteen feet back is the absolute farthest we could take our addition, and while it's not humongous, it will just about double our current living space. It will give us a master suite (complete with two separate closets and bath), kitchen and dining room. I think besides the master suite--our king size bed will actually FIT!!--I am most excited about the kitchen. It will be a real kitchen with a bar, an island, and counter space galore. We will have storage room to spare! It will be like a miracle.
Oh I cannot wait for Phase II to begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment