Yesterday, we started painting! Above is the back corner of the kitchen. The wall on the left will be a different color. The rust red wall continues all the way across into the dining room. Number One and I are In Love with this color. It will look so nice when we have lighting in the rooms and the lighting is dimmed and the sun is setting! I love how colors change throughout the day depending on the angle of the sun.
We did have a slight problem or two. The first came in the morning. The contractor's son had told us the night before that we could start painting. So you'll remember that Number One stayed up late putting on primer so we could get the paint on the next day. In the morning, we went over and started painting, and CG offered to take the boys to school, and the contractor came down for a bit.
When the contractor left, his son basically started putting the pine ceiling up over Number One's head, rushing him. It was odd and awkward, and he acted like the paint should be up already, when he had literally told us we could begin just 12 hours before.
I ran to the northern town after school, 60 miles one way, to get some more paint. The only problem was that the paint store was completely out of the base color needed for the rust red. Figures, right? So now we'll have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for more of that paint.
In the meantime, I will begin painting the other wall in the kitchen (remember the white one on the left, above?), where unfortunately there are now pine planks up against the wall which I have to paint. Carefully, without getting paint on the freaking pine ceiling. I'm a little upset. I don't understand why they couldn't have given us one day, just ONE day, to get a couple coats of paint up there FIRST. I suppose I'll get over it, but it does make our job more difficult, and quite honestly we are NOT professional painters.
So anyway. That will be fun today, and I have to get over there and bleach and prime a section of the old wall before I can start precisely painting next to that gorgeous new ceiling. Isn't it looking great? Let's just hope I can keep it that way...
1 comment:
The ceiling is going to be awesome. Love the paint, too.
Post a Comment