We have commissioned a family portrait! We are so excited about this!I ran across Ann Gardner's paintings during fundraisers for Stephanie (NieNie) & Christian Nielson last year. I purchased one of her Nie magnets (above) to support the Nielsons and also a set of Frida Kahlo magnets from her etsy shop. Ann even sent me a few Frida notecards (available here!) as a bonus! I fell in love with Ann's fun, colorful style. And more importantly, so did Number One.
I read her blog, found her painting website, and I discovered that she is available to do commissioned family portraits. Surprisingly, Number One thought it would be an excellent idea to have one done! I admire Ann for getting things like this accomplished, especially having a preschooler, a toddler and a baby, yet still somehow managing to find time to create magnificent paintings. Unbelievable.
I finally got my act together and sent Ann a selection of photos of me, Number One, H-Bomb and Sawed Off, as well as two of our dogs, Mia and the late, great Stanley. I have to ask Number One if he wants our cat in the picture or not. But we will be standing in front of the Sundial, a major rock formation in front of our house, with our herd of horses galloping beneath the Sundial, behind us.
Ann is excited about how unique the painting will be. She has painted portraits in front of family homes, etc. but I believe the cliff in the background will be a first.
I will post a picture of our family portrait when it is finished, whenever that may be. If you'd like to see more of Ann's amazing work or commission a portrait of your own, visit Ann's blog or her website and contact her. And let me know if you do, because I want to see what your portraits look like too!
1 comment:
Wow! That is sooo exciting! What a unique and wonderful way to portray your family. I love her style too. And Toto too.
Post a Comment