(that hole is for the pantry door) and the living room will be to the right.
The drywall/sheet rock/whatev you wanna call it is going up Sooo Fast!! I can't believe it. Instead of just thinking about paint colors, we are going to be purchasing paint colors, possibly as soon as next week! It's just crazy. We do have some awesome colors picked out, and Number One and I discussed some complementary colors this morning. I'm keeping it all under wraps until it's finished. You all will just have to wait and see.
So this darn plumber. I just don't understand what happened. When we bought our whirlpool tub (on clearance, remember?) we were so excited. We picked out the faucet, decided to have it installed off-center, so we could actually both sit together in our 5 1/2 foot long tub someday when we have a few minutes alone. (you know, when that happens 5 years from now). We picked up a drain/plug assembly, as we were told to by the contractor. We ended up exchanging it the last time we went to the Big City, because we realized that the lever would be poking into whoever's back happened to be on that end of the tub.
We got a very nice, flat cable drain/plug assembly, with a nice, flat knob to raise and lower the nice, flat plug. Perfect.
The plumber installed our tub a day or two ago, and then yesterday we were looking through things and realized: our very nice, flat cable drain/plug assembly had been Opened, but ALL the pieces were still in the box. WHAT??? We went over to the tub, and looked inside. Guess what? The plumber used a DIFFERENT drain/plug assembly. Where did he get it? And more importantly, WHY??? This one has a big ole knob that you twist and pull up to open the drain. That most certainly Will NOT Do.
Come on. You just don't install that kind of thing in a 5 1/2 foot long whirlpool tub!! You just don't. Especially when your customers have a perfect drain assembly sitting there waiting for you.
So now, we have to have the plumber come back and change the whole thing. Did I tell you, the tub is already installed and cemented down (or whatever the proper term is)??? That will be fun for him, won't it. He just better do it promptly and without complaining, or else. I have some pent-up Irish Catholic wrath that probably would best remain pent-up. I'm just sayin'.
1 comment:
The pix are looking so good. So big and roomy. You are teasing me by not telling me color hints. can't wait to see them. have fun picking them out today!
Post a Comment