Luckily, we have the bunkhouse. It is unoccupied at present, and right next door to our house, so we will just transfer the necessities over there for as long as it takes. I have no idea what the time frame for the interior of our addition will be, but I'm really hoping to be back in our house, with a brand new kitchen and master suite, by Thanksgiving. I feel like that is more than enough time to get everything done, don't you? (I'm so excited I want to start planning the Housewarming Party!)
I knew you'd like to see where we'll be, so here's a little tour. We spent most of today cleaning, removing old dishes and things that previous tenants have left, and cleaning some more. I moved in some kitchen things (not many yet), and we will continue moving things in the days to come. Although the bunkhouse is technically smaller than our current space, and has only three rooms (plus a small bathroom, no tub), it feels larger than our current space because those three rooms are BIG. I'd be curious to compare square footage for reals. But, I don't feel like doing any math or measuring, and I really believe the bunkhouse IS smaller, just feels bigger.
So for now, here it is. This is a view of the kitchen, looking toward one end of the house.
Below is the other end of the kitchen. Our portable dishwasher will take up residence next to the stove there. Unfortunately our refrigerator is stuck in the house until the sliding door comes out (we had to tear up some wood floor to get the darn thing IN the house in the first place--not pretty!)
And yet another view of the kitchen, looking down the hallway (and yes, that is another door to the outside, technically the "front" door).
This is a view of the middle bedroom, through which you have to walk to get to the back bedroom. This is where we'll put H-Bomb's bed (the lower bunk only) as well as our couch(es) (space permitting) and perhaps a television. We'll see. On the right, the ONLY closet in the entire bunkhouse.
And below is the bedroom, on the opposite end of the house from the kitchen. There are doors to the outside from each room, so many that this house has about four doors. (there are two doors in the kitchen). I'm not sure about the logic of this, that's just the way it is.
And this is a view of the back bedroom (which will be the master bedroom), from the door to the outside. The other bedroom/living room is directly through the door you see in the picture. The rooms are huge, which you'll be able to tell when I post a picture of our king size bed, which will actually FIT in this room, with plenty of room to spare! Can't wait for that.
As you can see, it is a very cozy space, that seems pretty big. We'll see after we get our furniture in there, and I will let you see the "after" shots as well. We love the rustic look, all the wood, even though the walls are rough and the floors need refinishing...we may talk to our contractor about leaving exposed trusses in the addition, instead of a nine-foot ceiling. So much to consider.
I guess I forgot to take a picture of the bathroom, which is also outfitted for a washer/dryer. We aren't doing anything to our laundry room in the remodel, so we're leaving our washer and dryer where they are, I'll just have to lug laundry back and forth. Luckily the bunkhouse is about 10 feet away from our house. Okay, maybe 15 feet. Someday I'll measure. And maybe someday I'll take a picture of the bunkhouse bathroom. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment