First, plumbing. Number One has redone the plumbing under the kitchen sink...twice? I have lost track. Perhaps three times. And it was still leaking. He finally just took a whole can (jar?) of plumber's putty, and molded it around just about every joint, and I don't think it is leaking now. I hope it's not leaking now.
At this point, we cannot WAIT for our new, professionally installed kitchen. Except, well, we do have to wait, since the bid hasn't even come in yet. But we are wholeheartedly looking forward to it!
The same day he "finished" the kitchen sink plumbing, I had asked him to replace the flush lever on our toilet. Ours was so old and corroded that H-Bomb couldn't even flush it anymore, which made for some rather unpleasant surprises in the bathroom. Plus, you had to hold it down until the flush was complete, and then manually return it to the "up" position, hoping all the while the flap inside the tank had closed. Not easy for anyone involved.
So, after the kitchen sink plumbing was thoroughly puttied, he took his tools into the bathroom. He touched the flush lever with his wrench...then he started yelling "Oh No! I need something! Help!" and I ran back there. The entire tank had CRACKED. I couldn't help it, I started laughing. Hard. It was hilarious. I emptied the bathroom garbage can and he wedged it under the tank, which was entirely full of water, as toilet tanks tend to be, and leaking all over the bathroom floor. Hilarious, I say.
Although I have never looked for one specifically, I honestly have never seen a toilet for sale in any store in our teeny-tiny town. And I wasn't willing to drive around looking for one, when just to town and back is almost 70 miles. I found a toilet on amazon, available in 5 business days. Shipping, it turns out, was probably less than the cost of fuel for driving back and forth to the nearest city.
Unfortunately, there is one problem with this amazon toilet scenario: amazon shipped the darn thing FedEx. And you know how much we like FedEx. I will keep you posted, I believe the toilet is currently in Denver...hopefully we will get it within the month.
In the meantime, we are using the bunk house toilet, and the boys are occasionally peeing outside.
In other news, it looks like Woody and Jessie are here to stay. CG has decided she likes them, and even convinced Wifey to take care of them sometimes.
Also, I have decided that the boys and I will not be staying at our town house during the week. It's just too hard without Daddy there, and we all miss him. We will only stay in town on Thursday nights, due to the fact that H-Bomb's Kindergarten starts almost an hour earlier on Fridays. It's just easier for us to already be in town rather than rushing around to get ready an hour earlier and having to drive almost an hour. That way, we can still be at the ranch, take care of the garden and the goats, and even see Daddy sometimes when he's not on the mountain. I know this whole school thing will get easier for me, and H-Bomb LOVES going to school. Sawed Off misses his big brother during the day, and sometimes has a hard time leaving him at school. It's so cute. There are big hugs all around at the end of each school day, which I wouldn't trade for anything.
And don't forget, my photo of Number One shoeing his horse has been submitted to the State Fair. We are even going to travel to the Big City in a week or two to check out the competition and see how my photo did, so stay tuned!
That's all I can think of for right now. I have several projects in the works, I will post about them in a while...I need to get busy!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Plumbing and Other Updates
Labels:
family,
goats,
house,
livestock,
photography,
ranch life,
small town
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment