The reason I was able to spend the day cleaning the barn loft? Number One just returned from the mountain yesterday, and the boys and I got back from spending the night in town. And for some unknown reason there was no water coming out of the kitchen faucet. And I had left a sink full of dishes when I left Thursday morning. I got some hot water out of the bathtub and washed a few pots and knives to feel better about the sad state of my kitchen.
Today, he spent the morning fixing the faucet, but then the pea trap broke as well. He was going to run in and get a new one, but CG just happened to have one lying around. She was headed to town, and said to send a text message if he needed anything else.
The pea trap she gave him didn't work. We immediately sent a very simple text message:
"Plumbing.
- metal pea trap
- flexible pipe 1-1/2" (about 1 foot long)
- teflon tape
- thread-sealing paste stuff"
And then we waited and waited and waited for her to return. I decided to clean the loft, and Number One took care of the boys. They've been missing him anyway, so they needed a day with Daddy.
CG got back from town and drove right on by. "How much do you want to bet she didn't get the parts?" I asked Number One. "A whole lot of money," he replied. We both knew it: she hadn't gotten the parts. "Didn't get the message." Although we sent it well before she got home, we had no parts. And it was too late for us to drive to town to get any.
So anyway. She went home and dug around, scrounging all the plumbing parts she could find. Including a Master lock. Who knows. Unfortunately, none of them worked. Now we have to wait until Monday before we will be able to use our kitchen sink...
But this means that Number One can time his trip to town to coincide with taking H-Bomb to Kindergarten, so we can all go! It'll be fun to ride our bikes together and drop him off. Maybe he'll even pull the bike trailer uphill all the way to school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment