Number One is out in the fields, getting the wheel lines ready to start irrigating. H-Bomb didn't want to go help him. Neither did Sawed Off. So they were outside playing.
Then we heard barking out in one of the fields. The hounds, Sonny and Rico, along with CG's dogs Taz and Hank and perhaps even Coffee or Donut (it was too far to tell) were bugging some cows and bulls out there. I yelled at them, but they didn't bat an eye. I ran around and tracked down the four wheeler, then grabbed H-Bomb and Sawed Off and chased the dogs out of the field.
Number One heard the barking from the next field, and the hounds heard his jeep coming, so they hightailed it over to him. I said to the boys, "Do you want to go see what Daddy's doing?" Despite the fact that they had on no shoes and no sweatshirts, they decided they did want to go see Daddy.
And that, my friends, is how I tricked them. I took them out there, showed them all the kinds of fun that Daddy was having replacing every single broken sprinkler head on the wheel line, out in the freshly spring-toothed field, AKA the dirt. I asked them if they wanted to stay. Offered to go back and get them shoes and sweatshirts. They said YES! Coffee came with me on the four wheeler. Sometimes she just has to get away from her five puppies. I can relate. I came back to the house, faster with just me and Coffee on the four wheeler, grabbed shoes and sweatshirts, and went back to the field.
H-Bomb was barefoot, walking the wheel line.
I put on sweatshirts and H-Bomb's shoes, then I left.
Well, I couldn't stay, could I?
You can't fix wheel lines wearing sparkly sandals.
2 comments:
Well they needed some quality time with Daddy! And you needed some down time! It's great when it works out!
I knew sparkly sandels would come in handy for something!!! (or nothing)
Post a Comment