Sometime in the past couple days, little Coffee had a litter of puppies! Five cowdogs in all, the last legacy of dear Stanley. I haven't been able to get in there to take pictures of them, because Coffee is a good mama who's keeping her babies warm and snug in the hay.
There are two that look like Donut, two that look like Jack, and one that looks like Nut, from the last batch of puppies. Here are pictures of those older pups so you can be reminded of the coloring. Of course I will update with pictures of the actual puppies when Coffee lets me get in there. I believe the sun will have to come out before that's going to happen.
This morning, Number One was out feeding the horses and sheep, and he noticed that the sheep we call Ma was having a lamb! We gave her some time and space, and the cute little thing came out quick. I took some 35mm pictures that will be better than these, but it was fun to watch the little lambie trying to stand up, then taking his/her first steps (too early to tell). So sweet.
All this makes me hopeful that one day, Spring Will Arrive. And it will bring the sun and some warmer weather too.
(stay tuned for sheep/lamb video. blogger is tempermental at the moment.)
2 comments:
Congrats babies! Too cute! The weather has been nice here, but the horses are not wanting to shed real fast, so I think we will get another cold snap before it officaly gets here for us!
Little lammy!!!!! (or is it lamby?) I love it so much! BABY AMINALS! I could squoosh their little guts out..But I won't. That's gross. Spring. Come forth!
Post a Comment