Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ranch Safety


Here is a copy of an email Number One sent out the other day:

Everyone needs to SLOW DOWN when driving past the houses. People have been racing by, and there hasn't been a fire anywhere!

We are afraid one of the boys is going to get hit. The boys could be outside at any moment, they are small and hard to see, and they don't stay in the yard anymore. It's not enough to look in the yard while driving past, you might hit one of them because they're NOT in the yard.

We are going to start fining speeders, and either use the money toward their hospital bills or college funds. Let's hope it's a college fund.

Please slow down.


I love him. I love that he is as concerned about the boys as I am. I just hope that people will take notice and actually slow down for more than two days. One would think the problem would only be with people who don't live here and aren't aware that there are little kids here, (like the guest of CG's who hit one of our dogs a year or so ago and didn't even slow down), but it's not. Despite the fact that other than us, everyone who lives here is a grandparent, the speeding still occurs. We don't know what people get so worked up about.

We bought some signs (above) that we will be posting today. Perhaps that will help everyone remember, as well as let visitors know...

No comments: