I realized time has gotten away from me when it comes to posting pictures of our addition. Tons of progress has been made, and we find ourselves wishing that it would be completed all at once, rather than in Phase I this year and Phase II at some hopeful future date.
Since my last remodel post, the foundation has been poured:


The floor supports (so I don't know all the technical terms. so what??) were put in:

And the baseboards (another technical term, I'm sure):

And here is where it started to get exciting. The framing of the walls, with windows and doors. For those of you who aren't aware, #1 came up with the idea of extending our house out the back. I took the measurements we came up with, and designed the addition, opening it up to our existing house. So, this is My Very First House Design, and it is exciting and gratifying to see it coming to life.
This end will be the master suite (including bathroom and closets):

And this end, the dining room. In the middle, the new kitchen.


The trusses are going up now. Our
roof line will change to
accommodate the addition, as you can see.


One glitch: the windows we chose have not yet been approved as far as the budget. With all the hemming and hawing, the bid didn't include the right window sizes. I'm not sure how much of a difference there was between the bid and the windows we want, but we are praying that
ABEG will give us what we want. I'm not up for much more
negotiation on this. I feel like we've already compromised enough.
1 comment:
Nice to see the remodel progress. It is a big improvement on that old log house. It was an OK house in its day, and now will be way better.
That rush you felt, when seeing what you had drawn on paper begin to take shape in the world, sounds alot like the rush I felt when we drew plans then built the original log house in the early '70s. -FIL
Post a Comment