Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You Gotta Be Kiddin'

Days before our final walk-through with the contractor and our ABEG rep, we noticed that one of the new electrical outlets wasn't working. Number One checked it out, but couldn't figure out what was going on. On the day of the walk-through, the contractor checked it out, but he couldn't figure it out either. He said he'd have to call the electricians. Great. (I don't remember really harping on the electricians on here, but let's just say it took so many trips for them to "fix" their stupid [intentional?] mistakes that I hope I never have to see them again).

The other day, Number One asked if I had seen the bathroom. "The bathroom? No. Why? What?" I replied.

"The electrician was here," Number One informed me, and told me it was the one with whom we had so much trouble. The one who told me "dimmer switches just get super hot, they just do" and then I had to call his boss to have him come back and upgrade the dimmer switches. Grrrrr.

I ran back to our lovely, spa-like Master Bathroom to find this:



Perhaps you can't see it in the picture. You see the two outlets, to the left and right of the sinks? And in between those outlets, you see the THREE CUTOUTS, oh excuse me, THREE HOLES in our freshly-drywalled and textured and painted WALL. Here's a closer view, just so you can see it:

Seriously? WTF, man!!!!???? Number One said the electrician told him that somehow the wire between the outlets had gotten cut (again, WTF??) and that he had to run a new wire in between them. Number One asked him if he couldn't just fish it through the less than 60" of wall space, instead of cutting THREE HOLES in our brand new wall.

Guess what. He said he "couldn't." Guess what? I say he's an ASSHOLE.

At least Number One convinced him to cut the holes higher up on the wall, instead of right down next to the backsplash on the countertop, where the idiot evidentally was going to cut them. And he saved the pieces of our wall and gently placed them back in their holes. And then he left them that way for us to deal with. Now we have more patching and texturing and painting to do.

His lame excuse? "The inspectors want the wiring stapled to the studs." UHHHHHH...the inspector will not be able to see THROUGH the drywall of a completed wall. It doesn't appear that an inspector will even come down again, having already been here. We haven't heard a peep about another visit from an inspector, and it's all over but the painting and moving furniture.

I think the guy is just LAZY and didn't want to fish the wires through. Plain and simple. He is lucky I wasn't here.

I really hate this guy. He is sooooooo not invited to the Housewarming Extravaganza.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

OMG! Did you contact his boss? They would so be fixing those holes. Even apprentice electricians know how to fish a wall.

Rene' said...

I love the last sentence of this post! You make me smile! seriously though, very bad craftsmanship and behavior. crazy.