Thursday, July 9, 2009

Grace in Small Things: 5 of 365

I am forcing myself to do this today, because I am sad and concerned about four of my friends/relatives who are all going through serious health problems at the same time, and I am hoping they all come through okay. There isn't much I can do for any of them except send positive energy, so let's cultivate some of that, shall we?




Things I am appreciating today:

1. My health, both physical and mental, as well as the health of my boys, husband, and all of our parents.

2. The new swamp cooler that we installed along with the addition on our old house.

3. The knowledge that our days in this three-room bunkhouse are coming to an end.

4. Number One, who painted a second coat on the ceiling so I could paint the walls while he is on the mountain this weekend.

5. Our garden, which grows bigger by the day, and which very soon will have fresh, ripe tomatoes!


For this cowgirl's feelings about and inspiration for this, go here.
Here are all of this cowgirl's Grace in Small Things posts to date.
For more information, go here: Grace in Small Things: A Challenge for All of Us.

2 comments:

Brad Lambert said...

Speaking of Tomatoes - We just picked the the first two red tomatoes out of our garden today! Jessica was so excited she ate them both. She really loves tomaotes!

Min said...

Hooray for ripe tomatoes! And kids who will eat them right off the vine! (we must be doing something right...)