Thursday, May 14, 2009
Island Day!
That's right, folks, today is the day our splendid kitchen island is being installed! It is sooooo close! And outrageously beautiful. I don't recall if I told you about my inspiration, but it's Miss Jenny's sister Lori's kitchen island, also a distressed black. I fell in love from the moment I set foot in her gorgeous Arizona home. And now it's becoming a reality!!! I can't believe this will actually be my kitchen! Every time I walk in, I am picturing where I will put the silverware, etc. So much fun!
The rest of the kitchen cabinets are in, except for the one cabinet that was damaged. Its replacement will arrive sometime in the next two weeks. Other than a few other pieces and parts, it was the only damaged cabinet in the lot.
We desperately need to make another run to Home Depot, and are trying hard to fit that trip into our schedule. Between the last week of school coming up, the spring work on the ranch and now both boys with miserable colds (WHY??), it is difficult.
We need to pick up our vanity top for the bathroom, order a couple light fixtures, attempt to procure the few sheets of beaded board to back our cabinets that are left up North, pick up some more tile, and a few other things. The list continues.
We also need one more piece of "skin" for the end of our cabinets (why we ordered only one when we have two ends showing, I'll never know), and we've decided that we do need a tilt-out tray below the bar sink as well as the main kitchen sink. Any little place to store things out of sight is a huge plus. (and now you most likely know where to find the vegetable peeler the next time you visit). We also decided we would like another cutlery insert on the end of the wrap-around bar, closest to the dining room. But we need to find out how much that costs before we know if we can fit it in the budget. I hope we can, otherwise we just might have to donate that to ABEG.
So now, the counter top guy will come down next week and measure. After that darn broken cabinet replacement gets here, the counter top guy will return to install our Silestone countertops!
Meanwhile, the contractor's son will continue his thoughtful installation job, and install the toe kick panels around the perimeter of the kitchen and the island, and whatever other important things of which I am not aware.
All these little details need consideration. I believe a well-thought-out kitchen will be a great time/sanity saver in our new house. I spent the better part of three days thinking about the toe kick around the kitchen island, which is comprised of both base cabinets and wall cabinets, as well as a bookshelf on one end. I think the end result will be just perfect.
Wait & see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
its looking really pretty Min! I know how exciting it is-what fun!
Post a Comment