Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cowgirl Makes A Quilt!


This might not be news to you, but it is to me! This cowgirl doesn't really know how to make quilts. I was inspired by this cute and soft camouflage flannel fabric, and the fact that my cousin Abbey is having a little boy. I decided to make a quilt for her and the little baby. I am also continuously inspired by Aunt Becky and cousin Sarah, both of whom I am in awe...they are amazing quilt makers, and I have no idea how they get so much done so beautifully. (you can see a few of Sarah's quilts here, and the apron Becky made me here)

I have dabbled in quilts in the past, I have started a few, but haven't yet finished them. So I am very excited to announce that I have actually finished this quilt! And it turned out quite good, I think. There are a few things an accomplished quilter might notice: all the tie stitches aren't the same size on the back, for instance. But, I think they will do the job. It didn't take me as long as I thought it would, either, so that is encouraging. No long hours into the night, trying to finish the darn thing in time for the baby shower...The last thing I need to do is trim up the ties (after deciding how long I want them!) and it will be sent off to New Mama Abbey! I do hope she likes it...


4 comments:

Denise said...

Looks great. You are on your way!

Cheryl said...

Looks great, Min. I think Abbey will like it. Thanks for posting the pictures. Now if it doesn't arrive before the shower I've at least seen it.

reddquilter said...

Well done, Min.
Hope you had fun making such a soft cuddly quilt.
Be careful, quilting is addicting !

Jenny said...

Oh yay! You DID make a quilt!!! I want to see you make one with those cute patterns now!