Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Things Just Don't Mix...

We went shopping yesterday, at the closest "city" around...which happens to be in the next state. There are a couple good restaurants we frequent when we go there, and yesterday we chose to eat at the little Chinese place. Everything is good, the prices are reasonable, and the staff is friendly.

We sit down, order our food, and start on our soup/salads when we hear some guy apparently setting up his guitar for some live music. In a Chinese place? Okaaaaay....At noon on a Tuesday? Whatev. We were dealing with the weirdness...

Until he started to play. The very first song included lyrics like "are your garments spotless, are they white as snow" AND "are you Washed in the Blood of the Lamb." Over and over and over again.

Excuse me, I'm trying to eat. I know what you are referencing, and quite honestly it is none of your business. Not to mention the fact that lamb blood sorta stains white garments. (sorry, I couldn't resist).

It just got worse from there. Not only was the guy monotone and slightly off-key, he managed to make Every Single Song sound the SAME. I can't remember his second song, it was something about Jesus again. I was relieved when he sang a poor rendition of "Mr. Bojangles" next, but then he managed to make "What a Wonderful World" sound exactly like "Mr. Bojangles." Seriously. All the songs sounded the same! How does a person accomplish that?

After two normal songs, it was back to Jesus. In a Chinese restaurant. Talk about incongruous.

Dude, if we wanted to go to church, we would!

We just tried to quickly finish up our food and get out of there before we burst into flames.

No comments: