Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Little Cowgirl Quilt!

So I actually started this quilt back in June, 2008, for our friends' new baby. She's not so new anymore, has already celebrated her 1st birthday, but finally--the quilt is finished!

It's the same basic style as the 1st quilt I finished in May 2008, for my cousin Abbey's baby boy, just different fabrics.


This was for a little cowgirl! It had to be special. I initially thought of pink camouflage, but I don't exactly have an awesome fabric selection in town. So I found the cute flannel with litte pink flowers, alternated it with yellow flannel and backed it with a lovely sage green fabric. I even found a matching sage green yarn to tie it.


I honestly don't know why it took me so long to finish. The initial work went pretty quickly, but then it just sat in a big bag for the longest time. There was always "something else" to do. Now though, it is finished! It really didn't take me long to finish it, just over an hour of "real" work and it's done!


I hope little cowgirl Corinne likes it. And her Mommy and Daddy too!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Quilt is beautiful! Will probably end up being Corrine's favorite "blankie".

reddquilter said...

Nice quilt---don't you just love finishing things.
I need to get busy and finsh a few quilts before Dec.

Rene' said...

very pretty!