...an Alcove.
It made more sense, since we just added two big closets to the master suite anyway, and didn't need a third, ugly little closet. Now, the alcove looks like it belongs, like it was part of the room originally. (I haven't had time to take a picture, sorry)
We decided the Alcove needed some bookshelves. Number One and my Dad went to town for wood and supplies, and got to work. You may remember the shelves Number One built for the new pantry? He's a good shelf-builder, but I wanted a different design.
Number One and my Dad came up with the shelving design. They ran the plans by me, but then while I was gone they changed them. (I'm over it now). Number One decided the shelves needed arches at the top.
They spent two or maybe three days building, then my Dad spent a day sanding and varnishing. And here they are:
I like how open they are, and I like the arches too. You can barely tell that space used to be a closet! They are just waiting for all of our books and things.
Now, we just have to do something about this light fixture in here:
1 comment:
move the fan into the boys' room :)
Post a Comment