I know this will all be worth it in the end. I just have to admit, I'm tired.
Finishing the pine floors is the largest task on our diminishing list, but not the last. We rented a disc sander from a place in town, and after I tried to use it, unsuccessfully with the thing just winging around in wide, dangerous circles (no wonder the cord has so many electrical tape "repairs"), I gave up.
Number One came home, and somehow he mastered the machine. In his underwear. He wouldn't let me take a picture. I really wanted a video, it made me laugh. He worked on the floor for several hours last night, and it is looking great. It still needs another couple of hours of attention, but we'll get there.
In the meantime, we are using a belt sander around the edges of the kitchen and dining room, and by "we" I mean our helper, the second irrigator of the season who has been helping us in the house and doing random tasks around the ranch since the irrigation water dried up.
We'll get some wood putty to fill in the imperfect gaps we've noticed while I (yes, I) vacuumed the entire room(s). I don't know why we don't have any around, but I can't seem to find any.
For the beautiful knots, I will wait until the floors are finished, then go around and fill them with a clear, high-gloss resin so they will still be visible, just not susceptible to filling up with dirt.
That is the plan anyway. I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
I liked the wood knots-pretty
did u ever get your family picture taken or drawn by that lady u mentioned? I want to see it if u did.
Floor looks great!!!
Post a Comment